Remote learning guidance
Remote Learning PrivacyPlease click here for Remote Learning Privacy Notice
Guidance for parents and pupils
- Work will cover all aspects of learning, there will be flexibility with regards to the times it is completed but we would like children to try their best
- We will aim to create tasks where children can work independently – age allowing. Children should expect tasks to be challenging and to cover the full curriculum. The demand will obviously vary with regards to the age of the child
- Parents to report a child’s illness or absence from being able to work to the Class Teacher via Class Dojo
- Parents or children to report any technical issues to the school as soon as possible
- Pupils will only use the online learning platforms for their intended purpose
- Pupils/ Parents to contact their teacher or class support staff via Class Dojo throughout the day if they have any questions
- During remote interactive group sessions pupils must adhere to the school behaviour policy at all times
- Pupils will not take part in remote 1:1 with their teacher or support staff unless specifically agreed with parents
- Sessions must not be recorded by pupils or parents or be duplicated elsewhere
Zoom Group Sessions
If you cannot see the details above please click here
Remote Learning Guidance- Lockdown January 2021
Maths – Class Teacher will post on Class Dojo story to direct parents to the Power Maths text book and work book that was sent home. Teachers will also upload the corresponding video. The work is to be completed in the work books already sent home and parents to send photo of completed work back to class teacher either via Class Dojo message function or portfolios. Teacher will upload the answer sheet at the end of the day. We will aim where possible to get booklets printed on the first day to be hand delivered or posted ready for the second day.
Literacy – Work will be set work via Class Story. A WAGGOL (what a good one looks like) video will be uploaded with the task. Work to be completed in the exercise book (or CGP books that were sent home) and parents to send photo of completed work back to class teacher either via Class Dojo message function or portfolios.
Afternoon work – Work to be set via Class Story – where possible a WAGGOL will also be uploaded to help children with the task. Work to be completed in exercise books and photos/portfolios sent back to Class Teacher.
- During WAGOLL videos children may be asked to pause it whilst they do something then move onto another bit
- The Government has indicated that Oak National Academy materials can be used. This maybe more appropriate for topic and afternoon lesson, however we will not be using this for Maths or Literacy as we would like to follow the curriculum plans already in place
- There will be at least one additional activity set each day such as handwriting, arithmetic, flashback 4 etc. Again, this will be through Class Dojo
- Class Teachers have been asked to remember that the majority of parents are not teachers and it is important to make it very clear what is required.
We will also be providing fortnightly group session check- ins via Zoom. Details of this will be sent separately and will be available on our website.
Help with Class Dojo
Click here for instructions on finding work on the portfolio section of Class Dojo
Click here for instructions on finding work on the portfolio section of Class Dojo and completing the worksheet online
Click here for visual instructions on returning work on Class Dojo
10 steps for submitting a photo or video of work on Dojo
1. Click on the activities tick
2. This will bring up your child’s To Do list
3. Scroll down to COMPLETED
4. To submit a Photo click on the + sign
5. You will see 4 colourful squares Journal, Photo,
6. Select Photo
7. This will open your camera and then take the photo
8. Choose which class to submit the work
9. You can choose to add a caption if you want
10. Press the blue send arrow in the top right corner
The video below has been created by the Class Dojo team to show how this works.
To complete work that has been set on the website, please follow the instructions above and click on the plus sign as described above.
To answer questions or tasks that require a text answer, select 'journal' and then type the answer directly.
As we worried about the suggested videos that appear on the end of our YouTube teaching videos, we have adapted where you watch the videos. You will notice all videos can be found on the same link published on each year group learning videos page.
When you click on the link from a computer you will see a gallery of videos. The large video will always be the first for that day and then underneath (in order) you will see the rest of the videos for that day. This will include the class story videos.
When you click on the link from a phone, you will see the first video for the day, If you swipe right, you will then get the rest of the videos in order for the day.
Learning videos for each year group can be found on this page: