system of controls at Manorfield
We will be carefully following updates DfE guidelines regarding the system of controls at this current time.
These will include:
System of controls
1) Minimising contact with individuals who are required to self-isolate by ensuring they do not attend the school.
2) Wearing of face coverings are used by staff in corridors, communal areas and in situations where they cannot remain 2m+ from other adults.
3) Reminding everyone in school to clean their hands thoroughly and more often than usual. There are identified points throughout the day where children will be asked to wash their hands/antibacterial hand gel. These include:
-on arrival to school
-before going home
-when they have sneezed or coughed
4) Ensuring good respiratory hygiene for everyone by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach. Having tissues and a lidded bin available in every classroom.
5) Maintaining enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often, using standard products such as detergents.
6)Minimising contact across the site and maintaining social distancing wherever possible.
7) Seating in class - children in KS2 will sit in rows facing the front. Children in KS1 will sit in rows initially and then table groups (after Easter) with at least two tables between children on either side.
If we are notified of a positive case we will:
-Promote and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
-Manage and report confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the
school community.-Aim to contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.