Year 2 Work
If there is a need for a bubble closure in Year 2, from Day 2, work will be posted on Class Dojo and learning videos are available on each year page via this link: https://manorfieldcofe.wixsite.com/manorfieldvideos
Bubble Closure Day 1 Remote Learning
Please choose the appropriate level for each comprehension task based on your child's ability, as there are three differentiated tasks for each story. The answers are also included so that parents can mark the work with their child.
Please click on the below links to choose a story:
Please click on the links below to access Math booklets.
If your child is off school due to needing to self-isolate or whilst waiting for results from a Covid-19 test we have sourced the following work for children to complete whilst at home. For the first day of self-isolating please use the work below. Class teachers will send you the work for the next day via Class Dojo Portfolio (information on how to access this can be found here). Please send any work completed back to teachers via the Class Dojo app. Instructions for this can be found here.
An example of our daily timetable in school is:
Maths - Break - Literacy - Times Tables Practice- Lunch- Reading time - Topic
1st day work
2nd day onwards
Please click the link below, select the relevant week (it will say 'Current Week'), the relevant lesson (it reads from left to right then down, left to right then down). Class Teachers will send you the worksheet to complete. They are teaching during the day and may not be able to answer messages on Class Dojo if you have a query.
Please click on the link below for lessons based on Literacy skills for Year 2.
Please feel free to complete the work on any paper you have at home or on the portfolio section on Class Dojo (instructions for this can be found on the 'Parents' tab under 'Class Dojo')
Please continue to complete tasks on Times tables Rockstars. Your teacher will be able to see how many you are completing.
You could also have a go at the challenge sheets below.
Times tables year 2
This term we are learning about Space. Please see the link below for more information about space.
5th January 2021
- 05 05 20 English
- 05 05 20 RE
- 11 05 20 English
- 11 05 20 RE
- 20 04 20 Puctuating Sentences
- 20 04 20 Reading Castles
- 21 04 20 Castle Task
- 21 04 20 Puctuating Sentences
- 22 04 20 Drawing Castles
- 22 04 20 Reading
- 23 04 20 Castles Task
- 23 04 20 Sentences
- 27 04 20 English
- 28 04 20 Castle Task
- 29 04 20 Sentences
- Animal Homes
- Colours and Opposites
- Completing Sentences
- Creative Writing Prompt Question Writing Frames
- Gingerbread man differentiated reading comprehension
- Goldilocks and the three bears differentiated reading comprehension
- Hansel and Gretel differentiated reading comprehensions
- Jack and the Beanstalk differentiated reading comprehension
- KS1 The Mystery at the Grand Portrait Gallery Maths Game
- Little Red Riding Hood differentiated reading comprehensions
- Snakes and Ladders with 2 3 and 5 Times Tables Board Game
- Sorting Animals
- Spot Mr Whoops Mistakes Y1 Y2 Common Exception Words
- The enormous turnip differentiated reading comprehension
- Three Billy Goats Gruff differentiated reading compehensions
- Year 2 addition and subtraction home learning booklet
- Year 2 fractions home learning booklet
- Year 2 geometry home learning booklet
- Year 2 Literacy and Spelling 05 01 21
- Year 2 Maths 05 01 21
- Year 2 Maths Money Task 05 01 21
- Year 2 multiplication and division home learning booklet
- Year 2 place value home learning booklet
- Year 2 Reading Comprehension Booklet
- Year 2 Science Plants Learning from Home Activity Booklet
- Year 2 Science Uses of Everyday Materials Learning from Home Activity Booklet
- Year 2 statistics home learning booklet
- Year 2 Topic 05 01 21
- Year 2 Topic Worksheet 05 01 21
- Young Animals