Year 6 Work
During the lockdown from January 2021 work will be posted on Class Dojo and learning videos are available on each year page via this link: https://manorfieldcofe.wixsite.com/manorfieldvideos
If your child is off school due to needing to self-isolate or whilst waiting for results from a Covid-19 test we have sourced the following work for children to complete whilst at home. For the first day of self-isolating please use the work below. Class teachers will send you the work for the next day via Class Dojo Portfolio (information on how to access this can be found here). Please send any work completed back to teachers via the Class Dojo app. Instructions for this can be found here.
An example of our daily timetable in school is:
Maths - Break - Literacy - Times Tables Practice- Lunch- Reading time - Topic
1st day work
2nd day onwards
Please click the link below, select the relevant week (it will say 'Current Week'), the relevant lesson (it reads from left to right then down, left to right then down). Class Teachers will send you the worksheet to complete. They are teaching during the day and may not be able to answer messages on Class Dojo if you have a query.
Please click on the link below for lessons based on Literacy skills for Year 6.
Spelling Punctuation and Grammar
Please continue to complete tasks on Timestables Rockstars. Your teacher will be able to see how many you are completing.
You could also have a go at the challenge sheets below.
This term we are learning about is Word War II. As part of this we learn about Kindertransport. Please follow the link below to learn more about Evacuees.
5th January 2021
If you have finished the tasks above, please feel free to look at the work below that was set for Year 6 during the Summer term 2020.
- 25 03 20 Armed Forces Day
- Activity Sheet Classifying Organisms
- Activity Sheet Living Things Jigsaw
- Poetry Reading Revision Mat
- Short non fiction reading comprehension
- Short reading comprehension
- Task 1 Advertise Your Town
- Task 10 A First Visit
- Task 2 The Ascent
- Task 3 Film Review
- Task 4 Letter to Your MP
- Task 5 Continue the Story
- Task 6 The Titanic
- Task 7 The Supermarket
- Task 8 Classroom Conundrum
- Task 9 Ancient Myths
- The Mystery of The Missing Knight St Georges Day Maths Mystery Game
- Times Table Games
- Year 6 Grammer Task 05 01 21
- Year 6 Maths 05 01 21
- Year 6 Reading Comprehension Answers
- Year 6 Reading Comprehension Booklet
- Year 6 Reading Comprehension Questions
- Year 6 Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet
- Year 6 Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet Answers